I tend to write in themes: There’s (usually) a group of stories with recipes that are linked together.
Because of these series, I have a good idea about what’s coming up (although things are never set in stone until I click Publish). Below you’ll find a list of upcoming themes.
If you have a story and/or recipe that would fit in with an upcoming theme, or if you have an idea for a theme (with or without your own story/recipe), send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d love to have other voices doing some story-telling and cooking around here!
Upcoming Themes: “How I Met Your Father”; Make Do and Mend; Praise for Podcasts; Fried Eggs for Dinner; I’m a Process Cooker
Kid-Friendly Fare with Adult-Friendly Flare
- Gremolata: Green stuff the kids might not like, but that’s o.k.
- When Kid-Friendly Fare Needs Adult-Friendly Flare
Past Themes and Links to the Posts: ____________________________________________________________________
- What do Two Canadians and a Brit do on American Thanksgiving?
- Thanksgiving Stories
- It’s Just Like Apple Juice…but Warm…and ummm…Better!
- When Life Gives You Lemons
- Baby, It’s Warm Outside: Roast Pork and Canadian-Floridian Braised Cabbage
Holiday Party Time:
- What Curve Ball Will You Cathc (or Drop) at Your Holiday Party?
- Planning a New Years Eve Party? Here’s My Review of Fine Cooking’s Sweets and Sparklers Menu
- New Year’s Eve Popcorn (recipe review)
- New Year’s Eve Cheese Straws (recipe review)
- New Year’s Eve Almond Bark with a Bite (recipe review)
- White Chocolate Bark with Blueberries, Toasted Pine Nuts and a Zest of Lemon
- Salted Pineapple Pecan Angel Slice
- Rosemary-Orange-Lemon Curd Slice
- Sparkling Wine, a Brilliant Friend and Groovy Strawberries
- New Year’s Eve Spicy Maple Cashews
- New Year’s Eve Cranberry Ginger Brie
- How Zumba and P!nk Changed My New Year’s Resolution
- “Oh Sh*t! My Bowl is Empty. That Sucks!” Soup (This recipe was featured on Foodpress.com Jan. 26, 2011)
- Mexican-Ukrainian Fusion???
- Part 1: So Good
- Part 2: The Mystery of the Chicken Sandwich
- Part 3: Firstovers
- Part 4: Party’s in the Kitchen
- Part 5: When Someone Else Does the Cooking
- What My Husband Hates
- What My Husband Hates: Shrimp, Feta and Olive Pasta on a Tangle of Arugula
- Blueberry Pancake Oatmeal for the Morning After
- Make Dinner Wait for You: Simple Salt and Pepper Salmon, Lemon Thyme Rice and Roasted Green Beans
- Eating Alone: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- An Unscary Supper: Cumin Scented Chickpeas with Organic Chicken Sausage (Alongside Garlic Couscous Peppered with Golden Raisins)
- Permission, Imperfection and Pizza: The Best Baby Gifts of All
- Pepper Jack Soup from the Falcon Lake Deli
- Foodies in the Family
- Melty Brie with Garlic, Red Pepper and a Year in the Life of Pittman’s on 44
- The Pittmans’ Restaurants
- Hot Chocolate Cake: All Meanings Realized
- Candied Ginger Pudding on Food 52
- Unambiguously Baked Baked Potato Soup
- The Hot Cheesy Dip and Linguistically Ambiguous Foods
What’s in the Box? Tips for Dealing with Your Weekly Organic Produce
- What’s in the Box?
- O.K., So You’ve Opened the Box. Now What?
- The Weekly Organics Box Stir Fry
- Thinking Inside the Box: Sweet Potato Flapjack Tuesday
- Lasagna: Layer on the Veggies
- Vegging It Up
- It’s Springtime: How Do You Use Up Lettuce and Herbs?
- Wrapping Up the Box: Empty the Fridge Soup and Frozen Fruit Smash